Prep Time: 5 mins before cooked, 5 mins after cooked
Cook Time: 8 hours
Price: About $10
Pork Roast: $7
BBQ Sauce: $1
BBQ Pulled Pork
Feeds.. a lot. LOL.
- Approx 5lb Pork Roast (I use the picnic roast because it's boneless and comes in halves)
- 1/2-1 liter of Rootbeer (I just use Walmart brand, it's cheap and gets the job done)
- Brown Sugar
- BBQ sauce
- Burger buns
- Picnic roast usually comes wrapped in a net, remove from net. If it is not already cut into two pieces, slice roast down the middle to form two halves.
- Rinse pork under cold water to wet surface.
- Rub on a little EVOO and enough Brown Sugar to cover.
- Place roast halves side by side in crockpot
- Cover with Rootbeer. You can use as must as you'd like. I prefer to cover the roast completely.
COOK ON HIGH FOR 8-9 HOURS
- Once roast is done, turn Crockpot OFF.
- Remove pot (using oven mits!) and drain excess Rootbeer. You can either dump it, or drain into another container to use with BBQ sauce.
- Place pot back in Crockpot and turn onto "Warm"
- Shred pork with a fork. It will be tender enough to fall right apart with little effort.
- Mix in your BBQ sauce
I usually serve this on buns w/ garlic spread for easy handling, but you can serve it on it's own, as a side dish, however you'd like.