Friday, January 30, 2009

Hope and cupcakes.

I went to yet another interview today.. It actually went really well! I was one of 6 chosen out of 400 for the position! I've also been the first he's given the next step to (background check and drug test). It's retail, but its also working with animals :) I'd probably be making around $10-12/hour, but really that's better than sitting at home! I can start to whittle down the credit card bills and maybe we can actually afford our wedding LOL. Well.. I just took the drug test (nothing to worry about there) and I have to wait until Friday to hear the final decision. SEVEN DAYS. Ugh.. Well, he also said that if I don't get THIS particular position that he will input me as a Sales Associate (prob $8-9/hr) which again is better than nothing!

I'll be off to Michael's in about an hour to grab some supplies to make my cupcake tower! I'm so excited for this project. Once this is done, I can figure out if I'll be able to just make my own cupcakes. I know its a big feat to take on, but I make cupcakes twice a week for our apartment building.. and I made 55 for my e-party last weekend in about 30mins! I think I'll be fine making 100 of them, as long as I have the tower to put them on. I went to two cake tastings last week and I was not impressed. One was very affordable, but dry and the other was moist and great, but 2.5X's the price! Mike said he likes my cupcakes more than either of the places anyway and I can make them for a fraction of the price. Thank jeebus my ceremony isn't until 6:30pm! I'll be up all night the day before getting these cupcakes done, and then up early to ice them at the venue. I think it'll turn out fine. I'm confident in my skills :) Well, I'll post pictures of the tower once its done. Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment