Tuesday, January 27, 2009

DIY Letters


I finished my "I Do", "Mr. and Mrs." and "Last name" letters last week! I've been so busy with caterer and cake tastings that I haven't had a second to update! Well.. here they are!

I bought the letters at Michael's for about $1.99 a piece (Hello coupons!).

Laid out newspaper and letters. Painted all sides of the letters with a black acrylic paint and let dry. Once the paint was dry, I filled a baking tin with wax paper and poured "crystal" colored glitter in it. I shifted the glitter in order to cover the entire surface area of the pan. I then used a sponge brush to paint Elmer's glue onto the letters and dipped them into the glitter pan. Let dry and you're done! You can do the other side of the letters, I just decided not to because the glitter would pull on the table overlays.

..one of the many DIY projects to come. Coming this weekend - cardbox, toss bouquet and cupcake tower!

No comments:

Post a Comment